We are: fast-growing, intellectually curious, entrepreneurial, flexible, hard-working yet fun. We offer a versatile summer internship with challenging projects aimed at expanding your business skill-set. We want you to explore your professional interests based on real-life experience by inviting you to work with 2-3 different departments.
Chicago-based Azul Partners is a leading procurement technology, supply chain and commodities-focused intelligence, advisory and media company. Azul has 1.5M+ annual visitors across the portfolio and a rich book of business.
Deep analysis, market intelligence and benchmarking lie at the core of Azul’s success in addition to its editorial roots. Procurement practitioners, manufacturers, consultants, technology vendors and investors alike rely on Azul for in-depth procurement technology benchmarking and accurate metals buying strategies.
About the Opportunity
As an “Analyst/Business” intern at Azul Partners, you’ll have an opportunity to enhance your business acumen during a min. 6-week project-based work experience across multiple departments – primarily working with the technology analysts, product and commercial teams.
You’ll have responsibility for several projects — conducting market and business research tasks, creating analyst and commercial support materials (excel analyses, PPT decks, editing in illustrator), and administrative support tasks. You’ll gain exposure to three professional tracks requiring strong interpersonal, communication, writing, analytical, project and process management skills.
Azul Partners is a relatively small company with 25+ FTEs. The Azul team values adaptability, speed, initiative, collaboration and diversity.
- Competitive and vendor research (online)
- Application of new taxonomy to existing site content
- Update SolutionMap ranking graphics (edits in Adobe Illustrator)
- Apply prose content to alternative formats (i.e. develop infographic)
- Research software companies in the procurement space and identify the right person to contact
- Shadow Client Services team members as they guide prospects through our sales process
- Support execution on commercial deliverables (i.e. design Microsoft PowerPoint decks)
- Mapping vendors to taxonomy categories to support building vendor landscapes and help build landscape maps
- Mine raw data in Microsoft Excel from research projects to help identify trends, insights
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, recently obtained in Business or Liberal Arts
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Strong Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets skills a plus
- Adobe Creative Suite skills (especially Adobe Acrobat and Illustrator) a plus
- Ability to work in a dynamic, collaborative environment
- Good analytical, problem-solving and project management skills
- Self-starter, multi-tasker with entrepreneurial drive
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work independently
- Impeccable organizational, writing and communication skills
This is a paid internship.
If this sounds like a good fit for you - and you meet the requirements - we strongly encourage you to apply. Fill out the form below and upload your resume, or contact us via email.