You are: intelligent, analytical, intellectually curious, tech savvy and you have some familiarity with B2B enterprise (SaaS/cloud/ERP) software. You enjoy cleaning and structuring data, creating algorithms and maintaining statistical engines as well as building out a master database and streamlining data management processes.
We are: fast-growing, intellectually curious, hard-working yet fun. We team up with you to create your career path, expand your skill-set and allow you to advance based on merit. We’re flexible about where you work and value your health and well-being. We are a team.
Chicago-based Azul Partners is a leading procurement technology, supply chain and commodities-focused intelligence, advisory and media company. Azul has over 1.5M+ annual visitors across the portfolio and a rich book of business.
Deep analysis, market intelligence and benchmarking lie at the core of Azul’s success in addition to its editorial roots. Procurement practitioners, manufacturers, consultants, technology vendors and investors alike rely on Azul for in-depth procurement technology benchmarking and accurate metals buying strategies.
Azul Partners is seeking a Data Analyst to join the Spend Matters SolutionMap team. With SolutionMap, a quadrant-based ranking system for evaluating procurement software companies, Azul is increasingly capturing the technology market mindshare that used to be limited to the big technology analyst firms (like Gartner and Forrester).
Minimum Requirements and Technical Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other related area or equivalent relevant experience
- Strong analytic skills related to working with structured and unstructured datasets
- Experience building processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Minimum 3-years of experience in query language skills including SQL
- Excel wizard, experience working with relational database management systems
- Proficiency with agile or lean development practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Deadline oriented with excellent time management/project management skills
- A proven self-starter with entrepreneurial drive
- Team player
- Maintaining and expanding the SolutionMap Master Database
- Identifying, designing and implementing internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability
- Support building the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a variety of data sources using relational databases and modern visualization technologies
- Creating data visualizations (primarily Tableau) and assisting other team members with using data products
- Working with partners including the analyst, product development and commercial teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- Collaborating with other teams to design and develop data tools that support both operations and data application use cases
- Analyzing large data sets to create SolutionMap rankings and benchmarking reports
If this sounds like a good fit for you - and you meet the requirements - we strongly encourage you to apply. Fill out the form below and upload your resume, or contact us via email.