Chicago-based Azul Partners is a leading procurement technology, supply chain and commodities-focused intelligence, advisory and media company. Azul has over 1.5M+ annual visitors across the portfolio and a rich book of business.
Deep analysis, market intelligence and benchmarking lie at the core of Azul’s success in addition to its editorial roots. Procurement practitioners, manufacturers, consultants, technology vendors and investors alike rely on Azul for in-depth procurement technology benchmarking and accurate metals buying strategies.
We are seeking to fill the position of IT Project Manager. This role will apply to both sides of Azul’s business:
Spend Matters, one of the largest online B2B trade publications covering procurement and supply chain management, and
MetalMiner, the best resource for metals trading intelligence across the market.
The selected individual will be responsible for managing various technology projects across Azul Partners and subsidiaries ensuring effective project execution and business alignment (from a data, business process and system/stack perspective). As part of a small, entrepreneurial team, you need to be independent, self-motivated and flexible. Our main office is in Chicago, but remote candidates in the US will be considered as well. The team is located in both Europe and North America, and reports to a Chief Marketing & Product Officer who works remotely.
Key Technical Skills
- Back end coding and web development experience, C++, Java, Ruby or Python is required
- Fundamental understanding of software architecture
- 3-5 years of hands-on software development experience
- 5+ years of team leadership and project management
- Technical degree in CS, Engineering, etc. with a logic-based problem solving curriculum
- Project management or business analyst certification
Azul is looking for a technical development project manager with a strong software development background (including actual software development experience) and a solid understanding of:
- Software development methodologies
- Database design
- Data analysis
- Great documentation skills, including the ability to create requirements document, functional specifications and user guides
- Experience leading software development projects
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally and informally to achieve project and business objectives
- Entrepreneurial mindset, strong analytical skills, hands-on approach to leadership
Duties will include:
- Collaborating closely with Azul Partners’ Chief Product and Technology Officers to ensure successful, end-to-end execution of projects from ideation to implementation, maintenance, upgrades (of systems infrastructure) and future product iterations
- Success is defined as ‘on time, within budget and scope’
- Developing comprehensive project plans – requirements documents, functional specifications, user documentation – that merge stakeholder and customer requirements with business goals
- Managing Azul’s internal data analyst team (virtually) as well as any third parties engaged in outsourced development projects, effective resource management
- Communicating proactively with all stakeholders to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions, and implement efficiency improvements
- Monitoring project progress continuously with detailed, measurable reporting (i.e. milestones, deliverables, cost/benefit and ROI standards)
- Revising project scopes as needed, obtaining buy-in from stakeholders as needed
- Identifying, anticipating and developing future projects/product iterations in liaison with product and commercial leaders
- Staying informed of relevant trends, best practices, innovations
We are: fast-growing, intellectually curious, hard-working yet fun. We team up with you to create your career path, expand your skill-set and allow you to advance based on merit. We’re flexible about where you work and value your health and well-being.
We are open to free-lance, part time arrangements as well.
If this sounds like a good fit for you - and you meet the requirements - we strongly encourage you to apply. Fill out the form below and upload your resume, or contact us via email.