We are: fast-growing, intellectually curious, hard-working yet fun. We team up with you to create your career path, expand your skill-set and allow you to advance based on merit. We’re flexible about where you work and value your health and well-being. We are a team.
Chicago-based Azul Partners is a leading procurement technology, supply chain and commodities-focused intelligence, advisory and media company. Azul has over 1.5M+ annual visitors across the portfolio and a rich book of business.
Deep analysis, market intelligence and benchmarking lie at the core of Azul’s success in addition to its editorial roots. Procurement practitioners, manufacturers, consultants, technology vendors and investors alike rely on Azul for in-depth procurement technology benchmarking and accurate metals buying strategies.
Azul Partners is seeking to fill the position of Marketing Engagement Manager. This role will apply to both sides of Azul’s business: Spend Matters, one of the largest online B2B trade publications covering procurement and supply chain management, and MetalMiner, the best resource for metals trading intelligence across the market. The Marketing Engagement Manager will be responsible for both day-to-day (recurring) marketing activities such as e-newsletters, email campaigns and social media management as well manage one-off campaigns and projects. As part of a small marketing team, you need to be independent, self-motivated and flexible. You will be juggling a number of marketing tasks and activities at all times.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in one of the following fields or a related space: marketing, communications, general business, advertising, public relations, organizational studies, English, etc.
- Proficiency in digital media and social media platforms
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- The ability to work independently to complete a project
- Strong writing skills and a willingness to contribute to the editorial side of the business
- Comfortable collaborating with and bringing new ideas to the management team
- Is defined by a solid work ethic, with strong personal and professional integrity
- Bonus: familiarity with the procurement/supply chain space (specifically software solutions) and/or the North American metals market
- Works in main Chicago office but reports to remote Chief Marketing Officer
Key Technical Skills
- Familiarity with the Adobe creative suite (specifically InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Ability to work within a marketing/client management platform (ie InfusionSoft, Salesforce)
- Experience with WordPress for digital media publication
- Social Media management
- Analytics, such as Google Analytics and LeadLander
Duties will include:
- Manage and distribute weekly and biweekly email newsletters, curating content and tweaking format to achieve higher open and click rates
- Create integrated marketing campaigns for recurring as well as one-off projects (such as the quarterly releases of SolutionMap rankings or a survey distribution campaign for a client until targets are met) through press releases, email campaigns, website banner ads, newsletter posts, blog posts, media barters and social posts
- Independently manage social media presence, from automated content posts, occasional paid ad campaigns to organic irregular content posts across multiple platforms (primarily LinkedIn and Twitter)
- Oversee the distribution of several monthly pdf reports to subscribers
- Run the end-to-end process for webinars involving the analyst team, including content creation and event management
- Occasionally support live events attended or created by the Azul Partners team
- Performing support duties including but not limited to: database management, reporting and analytics, creating/maintaining marketing materials, managing sales and marketing software tools
- Manage the Spend Matters Almanac, a self-service online directory of procurement and supply chain solution providers. This task requires review and approval of submitted listings as well as troubleshooting when bugs arise
- Oversee relationships with (media) partners, tracking deadlines and executing against deliverables
- Be flexible and come up with new promotional ideas to grow the company’s reach, influence and level of engagement
- Keep up with core industry developments (procurement, supply chain, metals commodities) and establish a solid understanding of Azul Partners’ customers
If this sounds like a good fit for you - and you meet the requirements - we strongly encourage you to apply. Fill out the form below and upload your resume, or contact us via email.