Spend Matters is seeking candidates for a procurement technology analyst role. A strong candidate has first-hand knowledge of (and a true passion for) ‘upstream’ procurement technologies such as sourcing, (spend) analytics, SRM, and risk management.
Besides a keen interest in B2B enterprise software, you also need strong business writing skills, be intellectually curious, a self-starter and comfortable with delivery deadlines and accountability. You may have a background as a management consultant, market or technology analyst, software product manager, and/or implementation engineer as well as experience from a practitioner viewpoint.
Spend Matters is fast-growing and aims to balance hard work with amiability and flexibility regarding where you work and values your health and well-being. The organization is committed to creating career paths for our team members and offering them the chance to advance quickly.
Azul Partners, the holding company that owns the brands Spend Matters® and MetalMiner®, together receive over 130,000 unique visitors per month and provide market intelligence around procurement tech selection and global metal markets.
Azul serves as one of the largest B2B web publishers in the US with a diverse audience of practitioners, consultants, manufacturers, investors, and software solutions companies. With Spend Matters SolutionMap, Azul is increasingly capturing the technology market mindshare that used to be limited to the largest technology analyst firms (like Gartner and Forrester).
Procurement Technology Analyst
The Procurement Technology Analyst is primarily tasked with in-depth procurement technology solution analysis and regular authoring in support of several Spend Matters services (i.e. competitive market intelligence, procurement technology selections). The analyst team is jointly managed by a production analyst team leader and operations project manager. Analysts contribute cross-functionally to meet commercial, editorial, product and marketing deliverables.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in procurement technology-oriented consulting, management consulting, product management, market/technology analyst/research, and/or senior practitioner roles; preferably with ‘upstream’ procurement software
- Strong English proficiency required
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to write to a deadline
- Effective and professional oral communication skills for in-person, video and audio presentations/discussions
- Strong analytical skills — both textual and numerical
- Excellent time management/project management skills
- Business content development skills
- A proven self-starter
- Entrepreneurial drive
- Team player
Key Technical Skills
- Long-form prose and business-based writing (submit writing samples alongside your application)
- Database/data analysis/data visualization experience (e.g. Tableau/Qlik, R, and/or Python would be a plus (but not required))
- Basic knowledge of modern software technology (software architectures, delivery models, etc.)
- Research experience (Digital surveys, market/product research and analysis)
- Google Docs, Microsoft Office (notably Excel and PowerPoint)
- Conduct research to inform content and analysis (i.e. vendor technology demos, industry research surveys, interviews)
- Develop 2+ pieces of in-depth content weekly in support of spend matters subscriptions and services (pro, solutionmap, insider, blog) pertaining to procurement technology
- Primarily written content (1,000+ word articles, landscape reports, multi-part vendor analyses) but increasingly using different formats as well (i.e. vidcasts, podcasts, templates)
- Primary coverage of procurement technologies based on vendor intel, although practitioner angle increasingly desirable as well
- Solutionmap technology scoring twice annually based analysis of vendor self-scores, supporting documentation and tech demos to generate reliable benchmark intel
- Solutionmap intel forms basis of procurement technology benchmark rankings and Insider subscription content (i.e. vendor head-to-head comparisons)
- Update Solutionmap requirements as needed to reflect technological advancements
- Rapidly grow into a subject matter expert role to “own” multiple market areas (e.g., e-sourcing, supplier management) and become a thought leader on your topics
- Reliably meet research, analysis and content deliverables
- Active use of project management tools
- Work closely with the spend matters editors and analyst team to identify key trends, business issues and solutions impacting procurement professionals and write persuasive, well-researched articles to help these organizations see the value of using technology to solve complex business issues
- Research the procurement professionals’ “buyer’s objections” to various procurement technologies; develop engaging content around these objections
- Develop your own pov (point of view) over time to challenge behaviors, assumptions and outcomes
- Create other content (slideshows, video, etc.) as requested in support of analyst, sales, marketing, editorial and project (buyer- or vendor-client) objectives
- Assist with commercial analyst team projects as needed, including presentation building support, proofreading, vendor identification and outreach, and survey analysis
Job location – Remote, USA, Chicago Headquarters 60611
Salary: Depending on experience
Start Date – ASAP
If this sounds like a good fit for you - and you meet the requirements - we strongly encourage you to apply. Fill out the form below and upload your resume, or contact us via email.