Chicago-based Spend Matters® is a leading procurement technology research & intelligence company. It has 1M+ annual site visitors and a rich book of business.
Deep analysis, market intelligence and benchmarking lie at the core of Spend Matters success in addition to its editorial roots. Procurement corporate buyers, manufacturers, consultants, technology vendors and investors alike rely on Spend Matters for in-depth procurement technology benchmarking and buying strategies.
We are seeking to fill the position of Front End Developer.
The selected individual will be responsible for both maintaining and enhancing existing as well as developing new applications as part of a nimble product development team. As part of a small, entrepreneurial, growing in-house team, you need to be independent, self-motivated and flexible. Most product team members are based in Spain and working remotely (although the main office is in Chicago). This position is eligible for remote work. The team closely collaborates with and reports to a Chief Operations & Product Officer who works remotely from North America.
- Strong understanding of web development best practices
- Strong believer of code quality
- Good understanding of one or more relational databases (MySQL primarily)
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally and informally to achieve project and business objectives
- Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git etc.
- Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Self-starter, ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- CSS preprocessors (SCSS, SASS, etc) and design systems
- Unit testing frameworks
- Plotly Dash
You’d work closely with the day-to-day project manager(s), back-end developers/data analysts with a lot of freedom (and responsibility) to identify the best way to approach a development challenge from iteration, to developing technical specifications and design documents through development and deployment. Specifically, the role requires you to:
- Work with internal stakeholders to design and develop UX-centric applications by gathering user-based requirements
- Write maintainable & testable code using Python & React
- Implement code based on technical specifications provided through Functional Design Documents and/or Jira tickets
- Produce, review, maintain and modify web-based applications and user interfaces
- Build reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure successful integration with existing applications and systems
- Communicate effectively across teams and departments
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Research and learn new methodologies and technologies and bring knowledge to the team
- Minimum 3 years experience with HTML, CSS, JS, etc.
- Minimum 1 years experience with Python or relevant programming experience.
- Minimum 3 years experience with Source Control, Git
We are: fast-growing, intellectually curious, hard-working yet fun. We team up with you to create your career path, expand your skill-set and allow you to advance based on merit. We’re flexible about where you work and value your health and well-being.
If this sounds like a good fit for you - and you meet the requirements - we strongly encourage you to apply. Fill out the form below and upload your resume, or contact us via email.