We’re a dynamic b2b market intelligence firm seeking a full-time entrepreneurial Senior Staff Accountant.
The primary functions of the Senior Staff Accountant position involve preparing and analyzing financial reports, managing AR and AP, as well ensuring all accounting tasks are performed correctly and according to GAAP; providing monthly metrics for our S&OP team meetings. The position contributes to our organizational goals by providing snapshot views of the firm’s financial state or growth at any point in time, allowing our executive team to make strategic financial decisions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly financial statements, reports and records by collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information for both UK and US
- General Ledger review for multiple entities
- Manage multiple bank reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
- Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process
- Prepare financial statements
- Direct internal and external “reviews” to ensure compliance
- Responsible for general ledger, cash management, AP & AR
- Assist with filing federal, state, and local tax documents by preparing information needed to complete tax returns, state pages, and federal, state, and municipal returns, extensions, and quarterly payments.
- Act as liaison between external accounting firms for VAT filings (UK) and tax preparation (UK and US)
- Oversee month-end and year-end close process
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
- Manage light office administrative duties relating to procurement – ordering office supplies, managing vendor relationships, handling expense reimbursements etc.
- Manage PEO new hire on-boarding and PEO management (includes calculating commissions, new FTW set-up etc)
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university is required; or 10+ years of bookkeeping experience
- CPA is desired but not required
- Must have prior experience developing budgets and forecasts
- Four to six years progressively responsible experience in general accounting or tax is required
- Proficiency with computerized ledger system preferably Quickbooks Online
- In-depth understanding of financial accounting statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Ability to interact with all levels of management
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Time management, critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills
- High integrity team player with a strong work ethic
- Self-starter; work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work with and provide discretion in handling confidential information.
If this sounds like a good fit for you - and you meet the requirements - we strongly encourage you to apply. Fill out the form below and upload your resume, or contact us via email.